Is America Finished?
an Gods judgement on America be avoided or has it already begun? And if it has already begun, can it be averted? There is little doubt that America is at odds with the Almighty God and in eminent danger of His wrath. We have collectively offended the righteousness of God and the stench of our immorality has dissipated in giant plumes all the way to heaven and has reached His nostrils. If America fails to heed the warning signs and turn from our evil ways then we will, indeed be destroyed and handed over to our enemies, just as the Israelites were in the biblical accounts of their judgment from God. However, there is good news. God always issues a warning before He judges nations. The opportunity to repent is usually offered, though rarely taken.
In the book of Amos the Israelites failed to repent and were conquered by the Assyrians and then made into slaves. In the book of Jonah the Ninevites heeded Jonahs prophetic warning of judgement and, thus God withdrew His judgement and they were spared. America now stands at the same door the Israelites and Ninevites stood. We can repent, that means stop our evil practices and return to Gods will, or we can ignore the warnings and fall into Gods judgement. But what have we done to provoke Gods judgement, are we really that bad? Let us take an honest, and rather painful look at our true American face as seen in the reflection of Gods mirror of reality.
To begin with we have a blessed covenant with God. It is called the Mayflower Compact, written in 1620. In it our forefathers promised to glorify God and further the Christian faith. God in turned blessed this nation with great riches and power. Nearly four hundred years later we have become a complacent land of God haters who wear an old worn out mask disguising ourselves as a Christian nation. With every speech our political leaders end with “May God bless America” and when we feel patriotic we all gather and sing “God Bless America”. According to recent surveys 80% of the United States population is Christian. Isn’t that awesome? We live in a Christian Utopia, over run with goodness, love, peace, and unending service to fellow man. Obviously I am being sarcastic. Truth is for a country that is majority Christian we don’t look like it, we don’t act like it, and we certainly don’t vote like it.
Over the last one hundred years we have all but abandoned God and all His ways. Oh, sure there are a lot of good Christians that live and serve God in America, but there were also good followers of God in Israel in 700 BC when Amos brought warning of Gods judgment because the nation as a whole were not living in accordance with Gods laws. So too Americans as a whole are not living in accordance with Gods laws. But what exactly has America done that is bringing this judgment upon us?
- Rejection of Gods Authority - America has removed God from the schools and made it illegal for teachers to pray with their students. We have made Gods word a banned curriculum in public schools. Further more we have created laws that are aggressively removing God from all public places and may soon remove “In God We Trust” from our currency.
- Sexual Immorality – America is the #1 source of pornography in the world. We actively objectify men, women, and children for the sexual gratification of a wicked worlds perverse desires. This abuse and destruction of millions of Gods children is all done in the name of greed for money. America has embraced Homosexuality as a natural lifestyle and thus have allowed men and women to marry. This is an abomination to God strictly warned against in the Bible.
- Greed - America has become a land of Billionaires. Our greatest strength was capitalism. Every man has the opportunity to be a millionaire if he works hard enough. We have become drunk with our desire for riches. This has led to thievery, deception, rampant fraud and exploitation of the poor. 2% of Americas population controls 98% of all the wealth. This screams exploitation of the masses. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer. Even so even our middle and lower class citizens are rich compared to other people in the world, such as Ethiopia or the Dominican Republic, and we don’t share. We hoard our wealth or spend every last dime on ourselves. Credit card debt is out of control in America. According to the Federal Reserve as of 2012 Americans owe 850.7 Billion dollars in credit card debt. We are spending money we don’t have on things we don’t need!
- Murder – In 1973 as a result of Roe v Wade the United States of America made abortion legal and a right protected by law. America has been condoning the murder of millions of unborn children ever since. According to a 2008 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention we are murdering nearly 1 million babies every year. God is the author of life. This offense alone could bring America crashing down.
- Complacency of the Church – The American church has grown lethargic and passive. We set idley by while all of these issues fester and pollute the nation. The American church has strong numbers, yet refuses to rise up. The Christian vote and boycott power could change the nation and the world. Unfortunately we don’t unite for change, because we have become lukewarm. Therefore we will be held accountable as having condoned these atrocities against God.
In Revelation Jesus says to the lukewarm church that He will vomit them from His mouth. In other words Jesus finds them disgusting. America isn’t just lukewarm, we are ice cold and God finds us disgusting. The statement that America is a majority Christian nation isn’t just a stretch, it is a huge lie. We are lying to ourselves because we want to see ourselves as good, but we don’t really want to be good. Why? Because we are living in an environment of constant pleasure. Fast food, 24/7 entertainment, financial wealth, rampant sexual immorality, and high speed Internet that puts the world at our finger tips in a millisecond. We are too busy, and too drunk on pleasure to truly consider Gods will over ours.
I don’t believe the average person truly wants God in their lives. Even though a relationship with God is a pleasure beyond description, many truly view it as an intrusion upon their will. Its the mind set and influence of Satan. We want to be gods. Sound weird? It really isn’t if you peel back the layers and analyze it. After all with all this media and instant pleasure, haven’t we really set ourselves up as little gods of our own realm? What with instant knowledge and main stream media and all? Do we really think we can go on this way and escape Gods judgement? Rome didn’t, Russia didn’t, and more importantly Israel didn’t. God delivered His judgement upon Israel and they were conquered by their enemies and scattered in the wind. Israel was warned by the Prophet Amos that Gods judgment was coming and urged them to repent for exploitation of the poor and sexual immorality, but they refused to listen and were conquered by the Assyrians and led into slavery.
Gods judgment is always preceded with warnings and a chance to repent. If Israel had only listened to Amos and repented then they would have been spared the atrocities of the Assyrian armies, they would have continued to prosper, and the temple would not have been destroyed.
On the other hand in the book of Jonah we see a completely different response to Gods warning of coming judgment, and thus a completely different out come. The Ninevites listened to Jonah and were spared Gods judgment. They repented their sins from the King all the way down to the man in the street.
Could you imagine the President of the United States doing that? Issuing an emergency order that all Americans are to fast and pray. All are to give up their evils ways. That means no drunkenness, sexual freedom, greed and lust for money, and exploiting the poor. In short we would willingly give up our hedonistic life styles. Yea right! That would mean we would have to official acknowledge that Gods way is the right way and anyone living to the contrary is wrong. If that idea was even murmured in Washington, or anywhere else it would be shot down and condemned immediately. We falsely believe that we live in a world where there is no such thing as wrong as it pertains to lifestyles, if we chose it. I am firmly convinced that Americans, as well as the rest of the world, would rather go down in flames rather than live one second without their fleshly pleasures.
This is what the Lord says to the United States of America: